Before Your Appointment
Thank you for choosing Busack Eye Center! When you book an appointment with us, you should receive an email notification with your scheduled date and time, as well as forms to complete in advance of your visit. We will also provide you with any special instructions needed to prepare for your appointment.
- If you cannot complete the forms before your visit or if you are a new patient, please arrive 10-15 minutes early to complete paperwork in our offices. Otherwise, please come at the time your appointment is scheduled.
- If you are unable to keep your appointment date, please notify us at least 24 hours in advance so that we can care for another patient. There is a fee if you fail to show for a scheduled appointment and do not cancel.
Whether you are a new or returning patient, you may visit our forms page to view, print, and fill out the information we would need to collect from you. Having these forms filled out prior to arriving to your appointment may reduce your wait time.
Preparing for Your Appointment
We offer a number of different appointment types. For new appointments, you should plan to be at the office 1-1.5 hours. For your reference, complete eye exams typically last about one hour, but your time in our office may be longer depending on your specific needs and which in-house tests may be needed. Here is how to prepare:
- Please Bring:
- Completed Forms
- Picture ID Card
- Current Insurance Card(s)
- Referrals (Please check with your insurance company to see if this is required)
- Medication List
- Your eyes may be dilated. When you schedule your appointment, our staff member will let you know if you will be dilated. People are sensitive to light after being dilated. How long this effect lasts depends on the individual. For these appointments, we recommend that you bring someone to drive you home.
- Contact Lenses: You may wear your contact lenses to the appointment, but please bring your glasses with you.
We accept the majority of major insurances, including Medicare, BlueCross, Aetna, Cigna, and United Health. If you have plan specific questions, please give us a call and we would be happy to discuss your coverage with you.