Jeremy J. Wood, MD
Dr. Jeremy Wood, MD, is a board-certified comprehensive ophthalmologist at Busack Eye Center with over 20 years of experience in medical and surgical ophthalmology, specializing in cataract surgery.
Prior to joining Busack Eye Center, Dr. Wood served as Chief of the Ophthalmology Service at Our Lady of the Lake Regional Medical Center in Baton Rouge, Louisiana.
Though he spent the first phase of his professional career in his home state of Louisiana, Dr. Wood lived and worked in the Washington, D.C., area prior to his medical residency. His responsibilities as an ophthalmic technician and surgical scrub technician sparked his love for the field of medicine and ophthalmology.
During that time he met his wife (who was already a physician), and she graciously moved to Louisiana where he completed medical school. They stayed in Louisiana while Dr. Wood joined a private ophthalmology practice, caring for thousands of patients to preserve or restore their vision.
Dr. Wood also found fulfillment as Associate Clinical Professor at his alma mater of Louisiana State University, training the next generations of ophthalmology residents on cataract surgery.
Now that his children are in college on the east coast, Dr. Wood and his wife moved back to Maryland to be closer to their children and her family in Gaithersburg. They will continue to enjoy their two dogs, movies and music, and exploring the many hiking opportunities in Frederick County and surrounding areas.
Dr. Wood is very honored to take over Dr. Busack’s practice and continue the tradition of excellence in caring for the community.
- Our Lady of the Lake Regional Medical Center, Baton Rouge, LA
- Staff Physician
- Current Chief of the Ophthalmology Service (Two Year Appointment)
- Regional Eye Surgical Center, Baton Rouge, LA – Staff Physician
- Louisiana State University School of Medicine – Associate Clinical Professor
- OLOL/LSU Health Baton Rouge Surgical Center – Staff Physician
- American Academy of Ophthalmology
- New Orleans Academy of Ophthalmology
- Louisiana State Board of Medical Examiners
- Commonwealth of Virginia – Department of Health Professions
- American Board of Ophthalmology