Meet James A. Busack, DO, MBA, Eye MD (Dr. B)
Trust, Experience and a Passion for Excellence in Eye Care
Dr. James Busack, a board certified ophthalmologist, has served Frederick and the surrounding areas for over 30 years. He specializes in advanced technology cataract surgery and the management of anterior segment disease, such as glaucoma and corneal problems. Recognized as one of the best ophthalmologists in this area, Dr. Busack has devoted his career to preserving and restoring vision and offers personalized care with state-of-the-art technology. The Frederick community has voted Dr. Busack in The Frederick News-Post's "Best of the Best" as the Top Ophthalmologist in Frederick every year 2015 through 2020!
Through extensive training in the latest technology, Dr. Busack has been at the forefront of the latest technology in the dynamic field of eye care. He takes the time to talk with patients and their families to explain their condition and help formulate a successful plan of action. Dr. Busack offers the trust, caring, and attention to detail needed for quality eye care.
Dr. Busack attended The Ohio State University and the US Military Academy at West Point. While on active duty, he received an MBA from the University of Utah. Dr. Busack continued on to medical school at the Philadelphia College of Osteopathic Medicine, and he completed his Internship and Residency at Walter Reed Army Medical Center. After activation for Operation Desert Storm and other assignments, he retired from the Army with over 23 years of service and moved to Frederick, MD.
Dr. Busack considers his professional life to be a true blessing. He has a wonderful, caring staff and great patients. He enjoys travel, photography, exercise and, most of all, being with his family.
- The Ohio State University, Undergraduate studies in Engineering
- U.S. Military Academy at West Point, Bachelors of Science & Engineering
- The University of Utah, Masters of Business Administration (MBA)
- Philadelphia College of Osteopathic Medicine, Doctor of Osteopathy (DO)
- Walter Reed Army Medical Center, Internship
- Walter Reed Army Medical Center, Ophthalmology Residency
Board Certified Ophthalmologist: American Board of Ophthalmology
- American Academy of Ophthalmology
- American Society of Cataract and Refractive Surgery
- Maryland Society of Eye Physicians & Surgeons
- Frederick Memorial Hospital
- Frederick Surgery Center